The cartoonist acknowledges that the rich have been living lavishly off the backs of the poor for decades, and Obama has not changed this. The cartoonist also points out the incredibly high rates of unemployment for black people, obviously in order to highlight that institutional racism is still alive and well in America.
His recommended course of action for this hypothetical black person lying under Obama is to rise up and demand that not only his situation in life, but also those of his fellow citizens be made better through programs like increased welfare, universal healthcare, increased unemployment benefits, and a taxation system that redistributes wealth to poorer citizens while appropriately taxing the rich.
A good cartoon.
- luchaigcaileag reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- luchaigcaileag likes this
- apants likes this
- sircandle reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- reflex76 reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- dendensden reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- brad-t likes this
- quisevadet reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- quisevadet likes this
- necoho likes this
- agoodcartoon posted this